) Added the missing eyelashes that I use for female characters, ehehe...
- Age: 16 (Scary Monster)/18 (Nice Sprite)
- Specie: Ferran (husky)
- Height: 5'0"
- Weight: 122 lbs
- Hometown: Jonu, Buranke
- Eats their weight in food every day
- Inspiration: Skrillex
The cold nation of Buranke
is home to many living things that grew tough to the freezing climes - vegetation, animals, and ferrans alike. Still, they have vibe shamans that work day and night to uncover the mysteries of vibe
- the life force of all ferrans - to ensure the survival of ferran-kind for generations to come.
Two of these vibe shamans, the shadowy taciturn Scary Monster
and the social butterfly Nice Sprite
, were prodigies of their time. And despite their conflicting personalities, they get along like two peas in a pod. Together, they've made a number of strides in Buranke's vibe studies through a number of wild experiments. However, one experiment ended up working a little too well - one aimed at linking two sources of vibe together to cycle and recycle the energy. What ended up happening is...the two husky ferrans got accidentally fused into one being
The combined duo, going by Poltergeist
, becomes one of King Hjalmar's top soldiers in the conquest of the other nations of Regnimalis. However, they ultimately aim to find a way to safely de-fuse themselves. They believe that certain Spectrum Keys might serve this purpose...
- Scary Monster likes: Experiments, battle tactics, note-taking, Nice Sprite
- Scary Monster dislikes: Being treated like a freak, long stories, sweet food
- Nice Sprite likes: Experiments, exploring, long stories, Scary Monster
- Nice Sprite dislikes: Being treated like a freak, note-taking, bitter food
- Scary Monster pros: Rational, to the point, cautious
- Scary Monster cons: Antisocial, too wary, tries to ignore others
- Nice Sprite pros: Kindly, friendly, a good listener
- Nice Sprite cons: Ditzy, a chatterbox, innocently insensitive
- Skills: Unarmed self-defense, escapology
- Gear: N/A
- Powers: Shadow vibe, light vibe, two minds
- Force: Uoye-Kil-Tsuj
- Weaknesses: Mental attacks. If in battle for too long, their minds may become unstable from stress, leading to berserk fits and mental breakdowns.
-= Force: UOYE-KIL-TSUJ, Two Ferrans in One
Being two ferrans combined into one body resulted in Poltergeist making a new fighting style. Depending on which mind takes the lead at any moment, their abilities are altered. Scary Monster
uses shadow vibe
in a variety of brutal long- and wide-range blasts, intent on keeping enemies away regardless of numbers. Nice Sprite
uses light vibe
to zip around and strike foes where they least expect it. These different vibes also imprint an aura onto whatever the attacks strike, whether it's another living thing or some part of the environment. If the other type of vibe makes impact with this aura (e.g. light vibe on a shadow aura), it will result in a vibe explosion
that somehow generates more energy than what went into it combined. Some believe that a similar effect is going on within Poltergeist - two different vibes cycling with each other, generating vibe at a faster rate than any single ferran could muster.
- Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue)
- Two-Face (DC Comics)
- Zorn and Thorn (Final Fantasy 9)
- Josuke Higashikata/Josefumi Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: JoJolion)
- Eyedol (Killer Instinct)
- Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites (Skrillex)
- Gill (Street Fighter 3)
- Jacqueline Hyde (Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?)
- Scary Monster and Nice Sprite have different voices, so they wouldn't sound like they came from the same voice actor. When their two minds get unstable, their voices become a distorted mix
- similar to the final verse of Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, interestingly.
- Both Scary Monster and Nice Sprite are female, but Poltergeist generally goes by "they" because they're two ferrans.
- "Uoye-Kil-Tsuj" comes from the main line in Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites: "You don't need to hide, my friend, for I am just like you
", which is reversed. So, I reversed the letters of those last three words - "just like you" - and I got the name for their Force!
- Their nickname, Poltergeist, also comes from the song's lyrics, namely the final verse: "Poltergeist; I'm a coward, too; You don't need to hide, my friend; for I am just like you
". Hell, if not for that, I would have just called them "Bangarang".
- It was mainly the modern version of Eyedol that inspired Poltergeist's form and fighting style - a fighter whose two different stances would compliment and empower each other.
-= DISCLAIMER =-
- Poltergeist (c) me