Wiill U be my friend?SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERIt beginsThe Big OneDawn of AugustDeath of Julius
...Okay, still got salt grains to churn out.-= Tower of Smash =-
- Wii U version comes out in US on November 21.
- The Wii U version has the rest of the roster: Ridley
, Chorus Men
, Dixie Kong
, and Impa
. Linking with the 3DS version will enable these characters there.'
- Ridley is described as "no wings on ground", but "grows" them when using the up special. He can fly around freely, changing his moves but becoming lighter. Appears in the Other M design.
- Chorus Men are actually controlled with their Conductor, with them in the lead. Positioning can be changed, like with Olimar's Pikmin.
- Dixie Kong can copter with her ponytail, even grabbing foes while coptering. Normals and Banana Peel special similar to Diddy's moves. Final Smash is the guitar, operating much like DK's Konga Beat.
- Mewtwo is heavier than in Melee, and is bigger. Speaks in generic grunts, not female. Final Smash calls upon both Mega Evolutions of Mewtwo to appear on both sides and blast foe.
- Impa appears as she did in Skyward Sword. Possesses Sheik's agility and Zelda's magic.
- The Wii U version has about 40 new stages
and at least 15 retro stages
. Most returning playable series have retro stages. Magicant
and Mute City
are shared between versions.
- A new mode is available, Tower of Smash
. You pick four characters, each with one life (kind of like in Subspace Emissary), and scale 100 floors
. Each floor has three doors for you to choose your next 1-on-1 one-stock battle. Some have different rules, like slow/fast, you at 300%, lots of Poké Balls, etc. You are healed after each battle
, and can rotate your team before the next. Each 9th of 10 floors has a boss battle
, like Dyna Blade
or Mecha Dragon
. If you lose all fighters, you'll restart at the last 10th floor
you've reached. The more consecutive floors you clear, the better your rewards.
- Boss Rush
is also available, set up like a classic Mega Man boss room. You challenge all bosses in a row.
Mecha Dragon and Mewtwo's supposed Final Smash (Hey, two more Mewtwo with this Mewtwo!) are most suspect. Considering there's already a Mega Man boss in the Wii U version in Yellow Devil. Oh, and Ridley "growing" wings...
(EDIT 9-22) There's more.-= Wii U Stages =-
= Seen = (24)
Mushroom Kingdom U
Kalos Pokemon League
Great Fox (Orbital Gate)
Town and City
Garden of Hope
Wii Fit Studio
Game & Wario (Gamer)
(Brawl) Castle Siege
= Not Yet Seen = (36)
(Melee) Rainbow Cruise
(Brawl) Delfino Plaza
(Brawl) Luigi’s Mansion
(Brawl) Rumble Falls
(Brawl) Bridge of Eldin
(Brawl) Pirate Ship
(Melee) Yoshi’s Island
(Brawl) Pokemon Stadium 2
(Brawl) Lylat Cruise
(Brawl) Port Town Aero Dive
(Brawl) Distant Planet
(Brawl) Flat Zone 2
...Wow. That is a ton of stages. Not complaining, but that would mean the Wii U version would have a total of 60 stages! And the number of not-yet-seen stages here far outweigh the number of seen ones (17 of which are retros)! Geez!
(10-4) Moved Game & Wario, (Melee) Onett, and (Brawl) Smashville to seen stages. However, the Great Fox and Game & Wario stages are technically called "Orbital Gate" and "Gamer", so getting a little suspicious here...